My Witness:   Citizen of Nagasaki, Hotaru. 

My Name:  Ariadne Soulis-Qvist 

Background:   

I am a citizen of Nagasaki, when the bomb was dropped I was currently in Nagasaki, and a victim of the thousands that were affected. I lost my husband and my baby (which I was pregnant with at the time). My house was destoyed, and became the grave of my husband. I managed to save my life by falling into a well, but now have skin cancer caused by the third degree burns due to the atomic bomb. I have psychological problems now, and am terrified by any passing plane, or loud sound, which has limited my life quality. 

Connection to this Case: 

I am on the procecution side of the trial, my life was ruined because of President Truman's actions. I lost my family and my house. I suport the emotional part of the trial and plan to target the jury by the terrible things I went through. I believe President Truman's actions were inhumane and uneseccary to a huge degree, aloso based on the long term effects of the bomb. 

Your Testimony: 

My major arguments are that the targetting of civiliants was inhumane, and President Truman has to take resposibility for his actions, by meeting justice. The long term effects of the bomb are one of the worst fear that frighten the Japanese. Because of him my life was ruined and i have become hopeless regarding the future, having to live with the horrible events i went through. 

Source Evaluation:  

Source #1- 

Origin- 

"PHOTOGRAPHS OF HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI (GENSUIKIN)." PHOTOGRAPHS OF HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI (GENSUIKIN). Gensuikin, n.d. Web. 16 Apr. 2015.

This is a picture of me after the bomb was dropped, taken by the reporters that were capturing everything they witnessed. The picture taken by the reporters, was uploaded to the Japanese Congress Against A-and H-Bombs. 

Purpose-

The purpose of this picture is to show the horrible acts of the Americans, this picture is a primary source of the cruelty and the inhumane actions that the Japanese went through. Another purpose of this source is to capture for medical reasons my back and my third degree burns, which now have become cancer. The exposure of Japanese pain and struggle is also nother purpose of this picture being taken, in order to show the world what I and the japanese went through, which is still hunting us till this day. 

Value of this source in preparation of my testimony-  

The value of this source is to show how innocent peopole, who were no threat to the Americans, civiliants, were targetted and how we were not able to protect ourselves. The value of this source in preparation of my testimony is to say that the bomb not only market my back forever, but also my future. I am living in a constant fear of my life due to the atomic bomb, where i also lost my family and house. 

Limitations of this source in preparation of my testimony-

The limitations of this source, can be the fact that there is no context, and even though we know that i am in the picture, the face does not show. 

Source #2-

Origin- 

"The Advent of the Atomic Age." Aftermath Of Atomic Bomb. Weebly, 28 July 2010. Web. 14 Apr. 2015.

The picture as taken by a reporter after a doctor requesting it, for medical reasons, and the exposure of the effects of the bomb was also a reason for the picture to be taken. 

Purpose-

This picture was taken by medical doctors for evidence and research in order to see how the radiation was affecting babies, having early births, having too small heads, and being abnormal causing in many cases death. My baby was one of the babies which had to be photographed, and the photograph revealed the truth about the terrible bomb. The purpose therefore was for research, and the exposure of the cruelty of the Americans, and how the effects were long term. 

The value of this source in preparation of my testimony is to prove that my baby was killed, (as well as my husband). The value is being able to reveal the horrible effects the bomb had on my innocent baby, killing it and leaving my without a family and no hope for my future. 

The limitation of this source can be that this was one of the most serious cases of babies being exposed to radiation before birth, bluring the perseption of a third party towards the effects of the bomb, since they were bad but not so bad for everyone. A stereotype could be created. 

Nagasaki Before Bombing

Nagasaki After Bombing