Young Zoé is bored; her parents, distant and apathetic, ignore her. Her life has lost all meaning. Seeking to fill the void of her existence, she slides into an imaginary world - the world of Quidam - where she meets characters who encourage her to free her soul.
Quidam: a nameless passer-by, a solitary figure lingering on a street corner, a person rushing past and swallowed by the crowd. It could be anyone, anybody. Someone coming or going at the heart of our anonymous society. A member of the crowd, one of the silent majority. The one who cries out, sings and dreams within us all. This is the "quidam" whom this show allows to speak. This is the place that beckons - a place for dreaming and genuine relations where all quidams, by proclaiming their individuality, can finally emerge from anonymity.
Arena blackout crew:
- Black out of all stadium windows
- Masking of all fluorescent lighting in order for performers not to be distracted by them but at the same time provide lighting for hallways and emergency exits to be seen by the audience.
Local Production Technician:
- Marking of all riser steps with white gaffer tape in order to ensure audience safety
- Setting up of merchandise stands
- Pre-show house check with house manager
- Responded with house manager and medic to an emergency during the premier of "Quidam". Audience member (8-year old girl) had an epileptic seizure.
- Responsible of a crew of 6 electricians who had to remove masking from all fluorescent lighting.
- Responsible of a crew of 7 local stage hands