"To what extent was Napoleon Bonaparte of a Maniot origin?" 

Napoleon Bonaparte has always been considered to be a French military genius, that through his life changed Europe and its population to great extents. What would you think though if I were to say that Napoleon not only wasn't French, but he also was to some extent Greek?

This research question's idea initially derived from the mere thought that there might be more to Napoleon's personality than we, Europeans, think. There might be more to the great Bonaparte family than we have realized. Most of us are aware of the great debate of whether he was French or Italian, and those points have been argued millions of times through history. But most of us are not aware that there is a third branch to that grand debate, a third idea, that Napoleon could practically be Greek. 

The desire to extend that abandoned, forgotten branch of the debate led me to this research question. I am of course not that naive to believe that the great Napoleon Bonaparte was 100% greek, and that is the reason I have added the phrase "to what extent" to my research question. Napoleon was part Greek, and this portfolio has been made to conquer that part and prove its existense. 

Now, the last part of this question is the one that makes the least sense. "Maniot origin?" Why would I be interested in a small, unknown village in the furthest corner of Greece? Wasn't it difficult enough to prove that Napoleon was Greek? Wasn't it a large enough challenge, or did I believe that proving that he was a Maniot would make this portfolio more interesting? The answer to all these questions is no, because the truth is that proving that Napoleon was of a Maniot origin would only make this portfolio more interesting to me. Proving that the Bonaparte family members are my relatives made this portfolio more interesting to me, and thus came the question.

This is therefore the way I came up with the question: "To what extent was Napoleon Bonaparte of a Maniot origin?" I willed it be accurate and intriguing in equal amounts as to attract readers towards it without answering itself. This whole portfolio worked towards answering it, but I won't do anyone the favour of answering it in a "one letter word". I will leave this question open for anyone to determine and for anyone to answer. It's for you to decide the extent, and for me and this portfolio to support your decision.