My name is Chung Min Yoon. I am currently a senior in the American Community Schools of Athens and I am a candidate of the International Baccalaureate Diploma. I am enrolled in IB Environmental Systems and Societies, IB Economics HL, IB English A: Language and Literature HL, IB Psychology HL, IB Mathematics SL and finally IB Spanish B: Ab Initio.

I have spent many years living in Greece other than my home country, South Korea, and attended schools that had multinational surroundings. Spending the years in both countries helped me to develop my characteristics. My character balances both culture’s valuable qualities that makes me being able to conform to a fresh new culture I visit but also maintain my independent character that I learned from my home country. This aspect of my nature resulted in what I looking forward to encounter in the later years which are the unique experiences I will be gaining from distinct parts of the Earth. I enjoyed the pathways I was able to walk through in different schools and surroundings because it made me realize who I am and what my values were.

With my CAS experiences and activities I was able to do during my IB, I was able to find my interests and abilities as a student and as an individual. Through the international conflicts I encountered allured me to be engaged in these issues in the future. Therefore one of my goals is to be involved in legal offices and non-governmental organizations that manage such conflicts to create a better and equal society.